Each minute of our life is a lesson but most of us fail to read it. I thought I would just add my daily lessons & the lessons that I learned by seeing the people around here. So it may be useful for you and as memories for me.
Every Child’s Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul. Child abuse casts a shadow the length of a lifetime. The only reason why child abuse is alive today, is because we as adults fail our children when we fail to listen to them. Listen to a child today!
Any for of Abuse manipulates and twists a child’s natural sense of trust and love. Her innocent feelings are belittled or mocked and she learns to ignore her feelings. She can’t afford to feel the full range of feelings in her body while she’s being abused—pain, outrage, hate, vengeance, confusion, arousal. So she short-circuits them and goes numb. For many children, any expression of feelings, even a single tear, is cause for more severe abuse. Again, the only recourse is to shut down. Feelings go underground.
As parents you would always want your kids to grow up as loving, kind, happy and successful individuals. You want them to love and to be loved by all. In the process you teach them many things which are good for their life and future.
In the similar way, make sure to consider below points and teach you Children at early age. You must remind your kids from time and again that you would always be by their side when required and help them when required. Ask your kid to maintain a positive frame of mind, so that she can easily overcome hurdles that she comes across in her life.
1: Warn your Girl Child Never to sit on anyone’s laps no matter the situation including uncles.
2: Avoid Getting Dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2 years old. Learn to excuse them or yourself.
3. Never allow any adult refer to your child as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’
4. Whenever your child goes out to play with friends make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they do, because young people now sexually abuse themselves.
5. Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.
6. Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn you may need to patiently ask lots of questions from your child..
7. Carefully educate your grown ups about the right values of sex . If you don’t, the society will teach them the wrong values.
8: It is always advisable you go through any new Material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves.
9. Ensure you activate parental controls on your cable networks and advice your friends especially those your child(ren) visit(s) often.
10. Teach your 3 year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that
includes you (remember, charity begins from home and with you).
11: Blacklist some materials/associates you think could threaten the sanity of your child (this includes music, movies and even friends and families).
12. Let your child(ren) understand the value of standing out of the crowd.
13: Once your child complains about a particular person, don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend them.
Child(ren) abuse changes your life…Fight Back and change the life of your abusers by Breaking Your Silence on Abuse!
These are just few, but important life lessons that you should teach your kid. You have some more to add on this? Share with us if u have some more life lessons to teach kids by mentioning them in the comment section below.
Remember, we are either parents or parents-to-be. and remember “THE PAIN LASTS A LIFETIME”. And if possible forward to all friends who have children’s
Please feel free to share your story and any lessons you learned, you experienced, you came across in your life in the comments below.