Each minute of our life is a lesson but most of us fail to read it. I thought I would just add my daily lessons & the lessons that I learned by seeing the people around here. So it may be useful for you and as memories for me.
Scrum is the most popular Agile framework. It is simple to adopt, but implementing it with success could prove to be challenging. The only way to overcome the “glitches” that may appear in the process is to understand its fundamentals and discover practical techniques that will help you get past any obstacles.
Anyone who has ever taken on a role of Scrum Master will tell you it is much harder than it looks. The responsibilities are massive, the traps are common and the organisations are unwilling to change. Agile Project Management requires a deep level of skill and understanding. It doesn’t lend itself to a step-by-step manual that you might find in a book.
That is why I have made a selection of top 20 Scrum Master books you should read if you are thinking of becoming a Scrum Master, or even if you are already one. I strongly believe below list of books are a game changer for the pre-game, game and post-game phases of the Scrum methodology.
- The Scrum Guide by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland
- Scrum: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To Learn And Master Scrum Agile Framework by Hein Smith
- The Great ScrumMaster: ScrumMasterWay by Zuzana Šochová
- Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great by Esther Derby
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
- Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process by Kenneth S. Rubin
- Scrum: A Pocket Guide by Gunther Verheyen
- Scrum Mastery: From Good To Great Servant-Leadership by Geoff Watts
- Learning Agile: Understanding Scrum, XP, Lean, and Kanban by Andrew Stellman & Jennifer Greene
- A Scrum Book: The Spirit of the Game by Jeff Sutherland
- Fixing Your Scrum by Ryan Ripley and Todd Miller
- Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition by Lyssa Adkins
- Agile Software Development with SCRUM, by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle.
- The Scrum Field Guide: Practical Advice For Your First year by Mitch Lacey
- Managing Agile Projects by Sanjiv Augustine.
- The Scrum Master’s Path 2 books in 1. A Guide for Servant Leaders Navigating Growth and Change Using SCRUM and the Agile Project Management
- Fun In Scrum — A Visual Approach Towards Mastering Scrum Fundamentals by Souvik Seal
- Zombie Scrum Survival Guide by Christiaan Verwijs, Johannes Schartau, Barry Overeem
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn
- The Elements of Scrum by Chris Sims & Hillary Louise Johnson
You can find few more suggestions here : https://agileforgrowth.com/scrum-master-books/
Learning is a lifelong process. Improving oneself is never a bad thing. Scrum helps us to adapt to changes and dynamics of the market. The same can be said for Scrum Masters. If you don’t work on yourself and seek to improve your knowledge, skills, and experiences, you’ll be stuck.
Hope this list of books help you select the best fit book for your agile and scrum learning. Do remember to comment down below your favourite book on the topic that might help other readers. If you have already read any of the above books do not forget to comment down your review and learnings from the book.
Any book suggestions, drop it in the comments!
Please feel free to share your story and any lessons you learned, experienced, you came across in your life in the comments below. If you enjoyed this or any other posts, I’d be honored if you’d share them with your family, friends, and followers!
If you wish to follow my journey outside of my writing, you can find me on LinkedIn and Facebook